The National Historic Landmark WWII tugboat LT-5, Major Elisha K. Henson was launched on November 22, 1943, at the Jacobson Shipyard on Long Island, New York. The LT-5 sailed for Great BRitain on February 3, 1944, as part of the Allied buildup in preparation for Operation Overlord. On June 6, 1944, LT-5 crossed the English Channel transporting two pages carrying railcars loaded with ammunition to the shores of Omaha Beach. After the war, LT-5 was recommissioned by the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers and served in the lower Great Lakes region between 1946-89. Today the Port of Oswego Authority owns the Natinal Historic Landmark which is maintained and operated by the H. Lee White Maritime Museum.